We would describe Harbor as a blue/green. Its a muted color that will work as a neutral and just about work with any color.
Sweet Pickins Milk Paint is a true milk paint which comes in a powder form. Our Milk Paint is environmentally safe, non-toxic and is food safe. There is a slight milky odor when it is applied, but it is completely odorless when dry. Our milk paint is 100% VOC free and is made with all natural earth materials.
– To make the paint, you simply mix the powder with warm water. How far the paint goes will depend upon your painting technique, how thick/thin you mix the paint, how many coats you do and the contrast between the color your are painting compared to the piece your are painting.
2 oz. sample – covers approx 12 sq ft.
6 oz. pint – covers approx 36 sq ft.
12 oz. quart – covers approx 72 sq ft.
48 oz. gallon – covers approx 288 sq ft.
– Add Extra Bond when painting over a nonporous or previously finished/painted piece of furniture. The Extra – Bond will ensure adhesion and give you better control over chipping. I highly recommend to always have the Extra Bond on hand when using milk paint. Milk paint is known for its unpredictability when not using the Extra Bond.
– Because milk paint comes in a powder form, you can control how thick/thin you mix the paint. You can use it as you would regular paint, thinner for a wash/stain or thicker to create texture.
– Milk Paint can naturally chip or crackle when applied over some existing finishes. This can result in an authentic look reminiscent of a chippy/aged/timeworn piece of furniture.
– Sweet Pickins Milk Paint colors can be mixed together to achieve your own custom colors. You can also add white to lighten or black to darken. Remember to keep your ratios if you want to recreate the color!
– Sweet Pickins Milk Paint can be top coated with any available product on the market, we have several options for you here! To protect milk paint from water spots and make it easier to clean, it must be top coated.
– Many variations in color and texture naturally occur on milk painted pieces and this is completely normal. These unique variations which only come with true milk paint, add depth and dimension to each project.
– You can use the same techniques for distressing and glazing milk paint as you would any other paint. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Full instructions on how to use our paint are included in packaging.
We are sorry - there are NO RETURNs when it comes to paint. You will find this for every stockist. Think about it- would you ever want a quart of paint sent to you - that was shipped to someone else prior? We eliminate any potential issues with this policy.
With that said- we apologize for any issues this may cause. Choose wisely and do not spontaneously purchase a color if unsure. OK? In fact- if you need help in deciding- ask us. We are here to help you! : )