Pearl Plaster by Artisan Enhancements creates an opulent and luxurious pearly - luminous finish.
Once applied, the finish will resemble velvet with a shimmering pearlescent vibrancy. Pearl Plaster is a low VOC coating that will adhere to any properly primed and prepared surface.
Pearl Plaster is formulated for use on primed walls and furniture.
How To Use:
There are multiple ways of using this product, so we encourage trying different techniques with it!
1. You can mix it right in with some CHALK PAINT. If you feel you need to thin your paint though after doing this, try mixing in some Artisan Enhancements Scumble. Or thin it with a little water.
2. Pearl Plaster can be painted, troweled or rolled on for different results. It has the consistency of jello/pudding. Which- may surprise you when we share- it spreads incredibly smooth and easily!
3. It can be dry brushed on top of dried paint.
4. Again, mixed directly with paint to be tinted (although it will still be opaque)
5. Or pushed very easily through a stencil.
Pearl Plaster works like a charm with the regular latex paints or Chalk Paint®.
Normally you need 3 parts Pearl Plaster to 1 part Chalk Paint®.
With latex, you can get the pearly look much easier with less Pearl Plaster. Try a 2 to 1 ratio in a small amount and see if you get the look you are wanting. We sometimes just take the Pearl Plaster to home depot and just have them tint it and mix it. They do it for free.
You can wax over Pearl Plaster or just Topcoat (or both). If applying to a wall, apply a skim coat with trowel or brush directly on surface.
If using trowel, place material on edge of at a 45°angle and cover entire area. Work material from wet to dry area. Once first coat is properly dried, repeat the process if desired. As material starts to setup, smooth down with trowel to obtain velvet effect.
Pearl Plaster can be painted or rolled on for different results or faux effects.
Metallic Chalk Paint®?
We often get requests for metallic Chalk Paint®. This video on using Artisan Enhancements Pearl Plaster and Scumble is excellent for this!
Seal container tightly and do not let freeze or expose to direct sunlight or extreme heat. Do not apply product when air and surface temperatures are below 50°F (10°C).
This item is the quart size; also comes in 8 ounce container.